This is a delicious and healthy take on the classic Italian dish. Using cottage cheese, which is naturally low in fat but high in protein to fill you up. Cottage cheese is also high in L-tryptophan, which is used to create the happy hormone serotonin and Melatonin to help you sleep. So it’s a fantastic comfort food.
Preparation time 10 minutes
Cooking time around 25 minutes
- 1 large Aubergine
- 250g Quorn or beef mince
- 1 jar organic pasta sauce tomato and basil
- 250g cottage cheese
- 1 organic omega 3 egg
- Extra virgin Olive oil for roasting & frying
- 50g grated Italian Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- pinch of nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 200 c and slice aubergine into 4 slices
- Roast aubergine slices on a baking sheet for around 8 minutes or until golden on each side.
- while aubergine is roasting brown the mince and add the sauce. Turn off heat and leave to cool
- Mix the cottage cheese, egg and nutmeg in a bowl.
- Place the aubergine slice in baking dish & layer with mince sauce, cottage cheese mix & sprinkle with parmesan .
- Bake in oven for around 15-20 minute until cheese is golden brown.
Serve with roasted tomatoes