Stuck for time? Spice up your evening with these quick and easy lentil burgers that are packed full of protein and belly-filling fibre.
Preparation time 10 minutes
Cooking time around 8 minutes
- 540ml green lentils (1 can)
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 carrot diced
- 1½ wholemeal burger buns or wheat free bread to make breadcrumbs
- Olive oil for frying
- Pinch of salt
- small green or red chilli finely chopped
- Slice onion, chilli and garlic and dice carrot.
- Sauté in small spoonful of olive oil.
- Toast buns until brown.
- Tear up toasted buns, put into food processor and mix into crumbs.
- Rinse lentils, and then add to onion mixture and bredcrumbs and mix well.
- Return entire mixture to food processor.
- Mix in food processor until soft.
- Since mixture is still very hot, use spoon to create portions and form patties. Lightly oil pan.
- Flip after patties turn brown.
Serve with salad of tomatoes, peppers and lettuce.